Friday, February 22, 2013

Foodie Friday: Citrus Smoothie

Although there are many restaurants I could have featured this week, I am choosing to highlight a green smoothie.

Ah yes, I know this gets a knee-jerk reaction from many of you, and the thought of "choking down" another health food green smoothie is never going to happen, and so be it, but it may be worth a try.

I am currently doing a 30-day green smoothie challenge via "Young and Raw", I am not a raw eater, but I do think I need more raw vegetables in my life, so this was an easy way to begin.

This smoothie was from Day 5, and the citrus tang was delightful to my taste buds, and hopefully will be to yours as well.

Lemon-Lime Smoothie

1 Frozen Banana (Peel and freeze whole bananas in a sealed container)
1 Lime, peeled <--- I only used the juice and a bit of pulp.
½ Lemon, juice only
2  Oranges, juiced (if you put the whole orange in your smoothie will be bitter)
2 handfuls of Spinach

Put all ingredients in your blender or vitamix and blend.

Happy Friday Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment