Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sun Valley Gallery Walk Featuring Brooke Bonner, Helen Bonner and Sarah Long

Please join us as we host local artists Brooke Bonner, Helen Bonner and Sarah Long during this weekend’s Sun Valley Gallery Walk. The artist reception will take place during the July 5, 2013 Gallery Walk, from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Expect to see a variety of different work from the artists with mediums including sculpture, photography, drawing and painting. The artwork will be on display the entire month of July, free of charge to the public seven days a week from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.


Brooke Bonner:
My photography ranges from large landscapes to what I call “intimate landscapes,” close-ups of natural objects that highlight texture and form.  I also have a fondness for man-made structures and items taken over by nature.  While I strive to make beautiful images, meaning continues to be equally important to me.  I want to cause people to think and feel or have a subconscious reaction to the images I find—everyone sees something different and the magic of the art is what’s created between the image and the viewer.

Helen Bonner:
I spend much of my time riding horses in the desert, hills and mountains where I am inspired by the beauty of my surroundings.  The relationship of plants and animals, to each other and the elements of the earth, are the subjects that motivate me to create artwork.   I try to capture the unique spirit of animals (often horses) and nature in my drawings and paintings and share the connection I feel with them.
Sarah Long:
Sarah works in various sculpting mediums:  ceramic, concrete, plaster, bronze
and wood.  Her work is always figurative, with an abstract quality that adds the right
measure of mysterious beauty.
Sun Valley, Idaho is well known as a destination resort for their winter and summer outdoor activities, but the area also boasts a sophisticated art scene. Sun Valley Sotheby’s International Realty is an avid supporter of local artisans, opening their doors free of charge for five different shows per year. Each artist shows their work from 1 to 3 months, with artist receptions held during five Sun Valley Gallery Association Gallery Walks.

About Sun Valley Sotheby’s International Realty
With offices offering unmatched local expertise, Sun Valley Sotheby’s International Realty delivers comprehensive real estate services to buyers and sellers of top quality real estate in all price ranges. When combined with the marketing and referral services provided by our global network of offices, we bring our clients unrivaled advantages. Sun Valley Sotheby's International Realty serves the needs of Sun Valley, Ketchum, Hailey, Bellevue, South Blaine County, Stanley and the surrounding areas. Each Office Is Independently Owned And Operated. An Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment