Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Five Tips to Enjoying Sun Valley, Idaho!
With summer upon us, and so much to do in the Sun Valley, ID area. We compiled 5 tips for you to enjoy Sun Valley to its fullest.
1. Rent a bicycle to ride around town. We are a biker friendly community, and you will be able to see much more of our small town, including shops, restaurants, locals, and amazing scenery.
2. Take the gondola to Roundhouse for lunch. Get a birds' eye view of our town and the surrounding mountain ranges by sitting on the deck at roundhouse and enjoying the quick ride in the gondola.
3. Take a free fly-fishing class. Put on by Sturtevants and Sun Valley Mountain Guides every Tuesday night in the summer. All abilities are welcome, just meet in Atkinson's Park in Ketchum.
4. Hike the White Clouds Trails. To get a better view and a little exercise, this great loop of trails is right out the door of the Sun Valley Lodge. It circles around the White Clouds Golf course, giving you views of Sun Valley, Ketchum, Dollar and Bald Mountain.
5. Ice Skate at the Sun Valley Lodge. Don't miss skating on one of the few year-round outdoor ice rinks. Take a lesson, make some laps, or just watch from ring side!